Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Monday, June 09, 2008
- What is your first name? Robyn
- What is your favorite food? Today? Chicken with Broccoli and steamed rice (searched chicken broccoli rice)
- What high school did you go to? T.L. Kennedy (an actual photo of the school. I was quite surprised)
- What is your favorite colours? purple and green
- Who is your celebrity crush? Heath Ledger (loved Knight's Tale . . . in spite of Shannen Sossamyn)
- Favorite drink? Chocolate Martini
- Dream vacation? Right now? Cottage with Mathboy and the dogs.
- Favorite dessert? Ice Cream . . . for the moment
- What did you want to be when you grew up? Veterinarian
- What do you love most in life? Mathboy
- One word to describe you: Quirky
- Your flickr name: Cornsss
Want to play too?
a. Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search.
b. Using only the first page, pick an image. (I misread this and simply chose the first image that came up . . . Mathboy, your pretty eyes were still on the second page of that search)
c. Copy and paste each of the URL's for the images into Big Huge Lab's mosaic maker.
d. Leave me a comment so I can come see what you came up with.
1. Robyn Weeping Willow, 2. Chicken Broccoli Casserole, 3. Cooksville, 4. purple and green, 5. Jake Gyllenhaal's tribute to Heath Ledger, 6. dark chocolate martini, 7. to my friends in the south, 8. Flickr meltdown, 9. Amelia Update: Desperate Times, 10. DSC00643, 11. Eye Candy, 12. Old Blanket
Sunday, June 08, 2008
The Champagne Mimosa is . . . well I'm still only on the fifth row. I've made it to the eighth row a few times but I keep needing to rip it back a row or four. It's all good though. She'll be beautiful when we're done with each other. I think.
The front garden bed is moving right along. We (read *Mathboy*) are nearly finished digging it and the mulch and ground cloth are waiting patiently to be put into place. Even better, it seems like maybe the rain is here for the summer so we'll be back to a nice evenly green lawn again. w00t!
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
What's all this doing to the Mimosa (ravelry link) that I'm working on? Well, I can't count any more and have to keep ripping back a row or five because I can't even figure out where I've gone wrong. I had hoped to be done with the border chart by the end of the week and it's just not going to happen. I spend my days knitting in between trips and my nights correcting the mistakes I made during the day. Oh well. I might be able to make up some time once I'm not captaining the cheese wagon seven and a half hours out of the day.
In other news, we're putting in a front garden bed. It's kind of a learning curve for me. I had a pretty decent little garden in Ontario but stuff that works in zone 4 or 5 will probably be deeply unhappy here in zone 9. Take Bleeding Hearts (Dicentra) for example; They're one of my favourite plants but they like moist, rich, well shaded soil. They're probably not going to do really well in our southern exposure, full sun from about 11:30 to sunset, sand/clay soil. It's all good though . . . Year round Canna Lilies will be nice. And more roses!