Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I've been hearing a lot lately about how I must be very patient and I have to come clean. Patience? Not so much. I'm incredibly impatient. Some days, the only thing that keeps me sane is my knitting and the sure knowledge that Spring Break, Summer Holiday, or Christmas break is right around the corner. In fact there are some days when I can't even look *that* far ahead and I have to focus on my next seven minute break. Do I enjoy my job? Absolutely. Are there days that I find it more frustrating than I have words to express? You bet. So no. I'm not patient. What I am is decently compensated for a very challenging job that I enjoy 80% of the time and that I am able to leave when I step off of my bus.

Wanna see what else I'm up to?

This is a housewarming gift for some friends who are moving into a brand new home in two weeks. It's Lion Brand Homespun in "Mediterranean" and I'm expecting to use 12 skeins in total.

I'm using these:

And if you're wondering just what size that is . . .

Yup, U.S. Size 50. These are Lion Brand's "Speed Stix" and they're enormous. I'm holding four strands of yarn together and getting a really soft fluffy fabric out of it. Love the Speed Stix. It's a little like knitting with kindergarten crayons, or carrots, and they make me giggle but things just knit up so fast! Hmmmm, could that be why they call them "Speed Stix"?

3 comments:

Kristy said...

I've had this problem, too. I am exceptionally impatient. What people (by which I mean non-knitting people) seem to forget is that knitting can be very portable. I always have some knitting with me, which helps when I have to wait for a train or wait at the doctor's office or any other myriad of places.

It is the curse of the uninitiated - they just don't get it. Luckily, we do. ;)

Kristy said...

P.S. You changed the look of your blog! Very fancy and sophisticated now. It is amazing all the stuff Blogger will do for you.

RobynR said...

Thank you! Are you saying that Barbie pink wasn't sophisticated? lol.
I'm liking most of the new template but I hates the wallpaper and it must go.