Monday, March 19, 2007


I've finished the baby blanket! It's all blocked and I'm just waiting on a friend who was kind enough to offer to sew a pillow/pouch for storage. The whole shebang should hit the mail by Wednesday at the latest and with a little luck and some cooperation from the USPS it should hit Richmond Saturday or Monday *grin*


Blocking:

Something tells me that I need a larger cat free surface for blocking.
Edited to add: I used four balls of Bernat Baby Coordinates (hooray for Michaels/Walmart yarn) in Lemon Custard and cast on 128 stitches with a set of Susan Bates 4.5 mm circs (which I will never ever use again! Ever!) After six rows in garter stitch, I started a feather and fan pattern with a six stitch garter stitch border. I then knitted in pattern until I decided it was long enough, did another six rows in garter, and bound off.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Beautiful! Really, just perfect. What yarn did you use? Pattern? I love the color and it looks so soft and happy. I am sure that mother and baby will love it!

Miriam said...

WOW! What a feat! How long did it take you?