Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I am a school bus driver. The observant among you may have noticed that the photo of the baby blanket (still incomplete) is taken against a background of school-bus-seat-blue pleather but I digress. I drive a group of high school and middle school students who like to fancy that they live in da ghetto. Yo! 813 represent! Anyways, it's most gratifying when these corn-rowed, blinged out, baggy panted ... well, hoodlums stop on their way up the steps and say "Miss! What is that? How do you do it? Is it easy? Show me!" I doubt that they think I'm cool or anything bizarre like that, but I'm definitely an anomaly in their little lives.

5 comments:

Kristy said...

You must have the patience of a saint. I don't know that I could ever be a bus driver. I am afraid I would be too tempted to drive the bus off a bridge or something when the little darlings started getting on my nerves.

Maybe you can do mobile knitting lessons...

Bratfink said...

Hey, thanks for dropping by my xanga to leave a comment. :)

I've got yer blog in my faves now and will be checking up on ya, so don't behave. LOL

Kristy said...

Robyn, I do so love Smarties but (sadly) I have no idea what Canadian Oreos are. Do I need to email someone in Canadian and have them send me some? Please advise.

I do love Flake bars....Are you familiar with Flake?

Jay said...

Hehe. That is pretty funny.
Your guy looks dashing in yellow. Mittens are especially cute.

Jessica said...

Robyn, I too admire your patience for being a school bus driver! Wow!

It is nice to hear about when kids of that age (who are usually absorbed in themselves and being cool) stop to notice something outside their little world. Maybe you could teach some of them to knit!