Friday, October 12, 2007

Cat for Sale.

Really. He's adorable and all (if you can get past the "I'm so happy that I'm gonna drool on ya" thing) but I'm sooooo done with his habit of chewing wires. Some of the things he's noshed on include a telephone wire, the power cord for my laptop, and, most recently, the cable for the digital camera. I've got lots of pics to show and no way to show them.

So. Picture Behold Mathboy modelling my completed LionBrand MicroFiber Clapotis in "Lilac" (cornflower blue from the same people that call tangerine "Mango")
Picture Behold a very small LionBrand MicroFiber drop stitch cap in that same shade.


Picture the beginnings of (at long last) my Strikke-along project . . . Elann's Pinwheel Sweater in . . . guess what fibre and colour of said fibre? This has got to stop because if I keep showing up at knitting with that yarn I'm certain that Eileen's going to try to stage an intervention.

(ETA: Ummmm, so I'm a bad strikke-alonger/blogger. Didn't take any pictures of the early stages of the Pinwheel. Not going to take any current pictures right now either.)

The pinwheel is coming along nicely but somehow I lost the plot around . . . I dunno, maybe row 7 or 9 and at least one of the intervals between increases is too short. Or maybe the others are too long. *shrug* Maybe I'll frog it one more time on the weekend if I just can't stand it. Or not. Isn't knitting fun?!

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

Try putting clear packing tape (doubled so the sticky side is up) on all your wires. Then laugh manically at the look on the cats face the first time it gets a taste of that. I'm sure double sided tape would work, but packing tape has a stronger smell as would taste worse.

Anonymous said...

I am going to stage an intervention! Watch your back ;)

Dorothy said...

Too bad the cats like packing tape. Do they like crinkled aluminum foil?

If my laundry started wandering off, it would probably have a cat helping it. Buggers.

Kristy said...

I hope you still plan to post all of those pictures. I have a long-for-and-love-but-will-probably-never-knit affection for the Clapotis.