Monday, October 01, 2007

Oh good lord!

K, still no final plans on that strikke-along that started today . . . but! Kelly, Eileen, and Sandy . . . I know ya'll looked up qiviut right? Right??
Well, for those of you who are all lost and stuff now, here's the story. There's a pattern in my pattern-a-day calendar called Matilda's Hat and Scarf. Matilda is a teddy bear and the hat and scarf are made of qiviut! I was totally and completely outraged at this. Last night at knitting, I declared, in my disgust, that if I had a skein of qiviut I would not waste it on any frakking teddy bear. Nope. My qiviut would be a much loved pet who would live in my bra during the day and sleep on my pillow at night. There was much hilarity at this (in part because my cohorts were not familiar with that near-mystical substance) but I think I may have gotten the last laugh thanks to this cartoon of Franklin's (scroll down for the 'toon)

2 comments:

Jay said...

I don't know what it is either, but you are adorable and you did make me giggle.

Dorothy said...

That cartoon is hilarious!

I think my Quivit would live in my bra too. No more push ups for me, just mini skeins of Quivit for a little lift.