Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Foolish thoughts.

Every so often I get homesick or start missing my previous job. Today is one of those days and there's only one reason for it; The Harlot is trekking to Aurora Ontario. In my previous life I drove for a commuter transit company that included routes from Toronto to Aurora. One that goes right past the yarn store in question.
In my oh so vivid imagination, I'd be driving the bus that Stephanie would take to get to the gathering this evening. Of course, this assumes that I'd know who she was, that I would have discovered knitting and the knitternet had I stayed put in Canada and it also assumes that she'd take the bus and not save some time by carpooling up.
*sigh* I'm a goofball.

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

Who knows, maybe someone knitting something cool on the bus as you were driving it would have inspired you to give it a try.

Perhaps someday you'll get to come home to Canada for a while, in the meantime if it helps, they are predicting an early and frickin cold winter.

RobynR said...

lol Dorothy, that's no help at all. I miss seasons so very badly! I even think longingly of the day that there was between 1/4 to 1/2 an inch of ice encrusting my poor little car.

Sandy said...

Oh FYI you have 2618 ppl in front of you on ravelry. Me 161!

ROCK

Dorothy said...

Dude, that is just blasphemy! I hear you though. I would miss snow at Christmas and all that. Can't see me missing the couple of weeks to a month of -40 though. Just can't see it.