Monday, May 07, 2007

There's doings afoot! (With apologies to Kristy for my worse than usual grammar).
First, these
came:













So, naturally, I promptly dove in and devoured my new books. (fyi, it's not a good idea to read a book like the Harlot's while there's a cranky muggle in the house. Giggle-snorting tends to poke the beast) "Casts Off" was reassuring because it reminded me that I'm not alone as a knitter, and I have been feeling a little lonely lately. Of course, it was also deeply deeply funny.

"Sensational Knitted Socks" is kind of an Idiots Guide to Knitting Socks and it led directly to this:



Yes, that's Mathboy modeling a pair of . . . well, deeply feminine socks. They're for my sister and frankly, chickie has feet like a duck. 9 1/2" around and 8 1/2" long. The yarn is Modea Dea's "Sassy Stripes" in the "Crush" colourway and I'm knitting the socks on size 2 needles. At this time, I'd like to mention that I love love LOVE the magic that is short rows. It started out straight, but now it's a smiley face! Gnomes!

Other goings on have included making another step toward having a proper office in place of our screen room/porch/lanai. To that end, Mathboy and his dad spent yesterday sheathing the frame that they installed a few months ago. Everything went well and we learned something new. Evidently our puppy thinks that tar paper is worthwhile entertainment and snack food.









Evidently, eating tar paper is thirsty work.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I'm so glad to see a post from you!!!

Wow! The sock is fabulous. You are, quite obviously, knitting toe up. I am in awe. I want to knit toe up socks but I am such a wimp. I haven't figured out how. I just haven't found a good toe-up pattern, maybe. You rock, sweetie!

I just recently got the "Cast Off" book, too and it really is great. Is she going to be in your area? I so so so want to see her when she is here (well, three hours from here) on June 7 but right now the schedule isn't going to permit it. I'm bummed.

Hurray for you and the almost new office!! Puppies will eat just about anything, huh? Especially if they aren't supposed to. :)

Jay said...

Those dogs are cute, but how could you possibly mistake tar paper as appetizing or delicious?

Great work on the sock !