Sunday, February 17, 2008

Breakthrough!

Evidently wonders will never cease. Last night on our way home from the home of some friends Mathboy said "If they're open, next week when we're up here, let's check out Mystic Fibers"

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! What?? Wait! Who are you and where is my husband?

It turns out that my theory has been right all along. Mathboy has been reluctant to agree to any sort of major investment in the knitting thing and it's because Mother of Mathboy is an enthusiastic crafter. In her crafting life, she's done ceramics, plastic canvas, bunka, quilting, cross stitch, stained glass work, knitting, crochet and a host of other things. She's been very enthusiastic about each activity and, as a result, has a home that somewhat resembles a small, very well stocked, Michaels. Mathboy was afraid that I would show the same enthusiasm for knitting as his mother had for each of her hobbies but then, like his mother after gathering every tool ever thought of, move on to the next shiny thing. Evidently though, in the two and a half to three years that I've been knitting, I've proven my devotion, particularly through some trying times in the last month or two that really made me rethink this passion of mine, and he's realised that I am a Knitter and it's not going away any time soon. Woot! Onward and upward.

P.S. If you haven't already, go HERE and sign up for some squares. There's a little boy out there who could really use our thoughts, prayers, and some wooly love.

1 comment:

Jay said...

I'm so glad you converted him!