Friday, February 15, 2008

Somebody Loves Me

ETA: Go read Miss Scarlett's post here and if you can spare some yarn, kick in a square or two won't you?

Valentine's day yesterday was nice in spite of Mathboy being at school until fairly late. He received his traditional pear jelly beans, peanut butter cup and assortment of cards secreted in various locations, and I found this little guy waiting outside for me when I stepped out to get the mail.



















In other mail related news, I purchased some Rowan Soft Baby from Christine of Three Dog Knits (she's still got some destashing to do and her prices are really really reasonable. Go Here) and it came on Wednesday. The yarn is a (sadly) discontinued single ply wool/cotton blend and it's softer than teddy bear fur. I can't wait to make a Baby Surprise Jacket from it (I think that's what it wants to be) and since the stuff is handwash only (good thinking there Rowan) I guess I'll be forced to put it in my own hope chest* rather than inflicting the handwash only madness on some poor unsuspecting new mom.

















*it's a hope chest because we're not actually trying yet. Just sayin'

No comments: