Thursday, February 07, 2008

The Postman Cometh

What came in the mail this week:

Monday brought Austermann Step in mint (#30) from the Loopy Ewe . I've heard this yarn derided as "hairy, splitty, and slimy" but I'm looking forward to trying it. In particular the aloe and jojoba infused fiber should be paradise for my poor dry fingers and toes.













As always, Sheri included a little treat with my purchase and this time around it was a teeny tiny little "Loopy's Red Sock Kit" (that washed out card in the background is the pattern)









Wednesday brought a treat from the bonus rewards on our evil plastic money. I've wanted a foot spa for ages and it's nice to finally have one that massages and stuff . . . instead of just a plastic bucket that I put hot water in *grin* In addition to the toy for me, Mathboy get a bench sized drill press, and we both got a shower clock/radio/ mirror gadget.












Today, from Susie at Perchance to Knit... (second link is her Etsy shop) a skein of her stunning handpainted 20/80 cashmere merino in Waikiki Sunrise won in her recent Funny Farm contest. It's gorgeous, as is the little matching Swarovski crystal stitch marker.














Lastly, also in todays mail, a power cable for my laptop. Badly needed because not only had *someone* decided to taste the cable but the plug itself was frayed and worn. Nice to have the laptop working properly again.

No comments: