Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Mail Call

Hooray! I got mail! A totally unanticipated package from some friends on Canada's west coast.

Packaged in a re-recycled box (that I used to send some gifts to Mathboy once a long time ago. Before I knew what a destructive toad Tachi was)
Look! Canadian Double Stuf Oreos . . . and a pretty puppy card. And packaging peanuts.
The Oreos will likely be joining me at Starbucks on Sunday if anyone's interested in tasting them.

Incidentally, Monday's mangled bits of metal were size 000 aluminum Susan Bates double pointed needles from this set.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Oooo...yes bring the oreos...I am having a horrible day and we shall see how I'm doing after my test on Friday...so I might need an oreo pick-me-up!

Sandy said...

heh horrible day....you mean horrible week! Oreos would be lovely (I dont think you have seen Kelly on a sugar high...we will get her to root beer with it!)

If you want I have the same thing...you can have my 000 if you need em :)

Kelly said...

ROOT BEER!!! My favorite!!! I am drooling in antici........pation!

Kelly said...

Any kind...some days I lie Barq's, somedays it's a&w and somedays it's mug! I'm easy to please!

Dorothy said...

Mmm, yummy Oreos! They don't have Oreos in Texas?

The silk I overdyed must have been treated or the acid dye didn't let the Wilton's and natural acids I use as mordants to properly adhere. Silk is harder to set than other yarns, but generally once it's set it doesn't bleed.