Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Will Penicillin Work at This Stage?

I have a confession to make. I've caught the Clap. I thought I was safe, in fact, I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't even think it was dangerous anymore but it seems that I was wrong.
Let me explain. Mathboy's favorite aunt has been diagnosed with multiple myeloma and ever since she received her diagnosis, I've been wondering what I could knit for her. I thought about this, this and even one of these but frankly, she's just not a frilly person and while the Dragon Wings would probably do nicely I'm afraid of it taking longer than we have. Of course, there was also the small matter of decent laceweight not being free. As I looked at, and eliminated, each pattern a sibilant whisper echoed in the back of my mind.
"What about clapotis?" I had all sorts of arguments against it; it's more of a scarf than a wrap - it calls for sock yarn doesn't it? But, in the end, it drew me in and I'm trying it in the SWS natural blue colorway. I've swatched and the only thing I'm really worried about is getting the stitches to drop nicely . . . SWS is a little sticky. My other concern is that it's not easily washable and it is going to the house that Red Heart keeps warm. That being said, I'm probably overthinking it at this point in time. After all, I still need to finish the anniversary throw . . . crap, by this weekend. Gotta go!

No comments: