Monday, June 25, 2007

Roller Skating Sox and Evil Pets

On Friday I did a field trip to a Tampa Roller Rink. I worked on the Clap for a few hours and then decided that I really need to cast on my Monkeys. I completed my cast on, joined it and had just begun working in the round when a woman walked up, asked if I was knitting socks and began fondling my yarn. Clearly a Knitter. As I'm rather shy (shaddup Sandy and Kelly. It's true!) and don't do well one on one with strangers, I didn't really have much to say. In retrospect, I could have asked if she had any wip's with her, would she like to join me, where she buys her yarn . . . So, stranger from the Roller Rink? If you're reading this, I'm not snotty...until I get to know you :-)

Monkey at the roller rink. Forgive the crappy cellphone pic.




The weekend was fairly uneventful, I was late getting to Panera because we spent Sunday afternoon in Tampa visiting with some of Mathboy's relatives but once I got to the restaraunt we had a giggling good time.




This morning I interrupted an impromptu "learn to knit" session on my bedroom floor. I've had to dissuade the dogs from thinking they could knit in the past but evidently I wasn't forceful enough in pointing out that 000 needles are just not a good idea for beginners. The needles were cheap, and it was my fault for being foolish enough to leave them where the rotten beasts instinct driven darlings could eat them but I'm still royally ticked.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

OMG! Your dogs did that to your needles? When I first looked at the post, I thought that was teal yarn! So I got my Spunky Club for this month and no teal! Woohoo! Also, we will be at Starbucks this Sunday.....

Sandy said...

OMG yeah I thought that was yarn too...sheesh. Those must be dns but the question is what size?

Dorothy said...

That is quite a bit of destruction! My dog is a chewer too, but he goes after the larger wood/bamboo needles. Apparently they make good sticks for a rousing game of chase the mutt.