Wednesday, July 25, 2007

yay.

I'm thirty. Remember when you were a child and 30 was older than you could comprehend?

My celebration started wonderfully with a phone call from my area manager (at 8:09) asking me to please come in and do the year end cleaning of my bus. I then got to open the second and third cards in a series from Mathboy (his family motto is "Nothing in Moderation") and listen to lots of moaning and complaining from him that the boss lady had had the nerve to call before nine and ruin all of his scheming and planning to start my day with a smile. Evidently there was meant to be singing and flaming brownies.
Now I'm off to spend my birthday detailing my bus (which I had planned on doing anyways), feeling ill (still running a low grade fever), and, hopefully, going to the doctor's office to see if she can figure out what my problem is.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Happy Happy HAPPY birthday!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day and you get to feeling better quickly.

30 isn't so bad. I do remember those days when 30 seemed forever away...when we wondered if we'd ever even make it to 30. After nearly 6 months of 30, I can tell you that the tales of its unpleasantness have been greatly exaggerated. ;)

Happy Birthday!!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday! It sucks that you have to work...what's the point of a summer birthday when you work for the school district and you are off work, but they call you back in? Wish we could've gone out for lunch today! Maybe tomorrow?

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday to you! 30 still seems old to me ... :-) (I am only 28!! I have YEARS to go before I reach 30!) :-)
I think this means you are officially a grown-up though. Do you feel grown-up now? I think that is why 30 sounds so old. I mean, there is no arguing that you are an adult now. And I still feel like a kid.

ANYWAYS ... Hope your day is great and you get to have a little bit of fun at least!

Julie Lynn Paper co. said...

Happy Happy late Birthday wishes!